Thursday 26 January 2012

Maine Maple Syrup and French Toast

File:Maine in United States.svgMaine, USA
We often spend summers in a small quiet town in Maine, far away from the hustle and bustle of London. Apart from trekking in the woods, canoeing on the lakes, swimming in the sea, watching the loons on the lake or wild turkeys in the garden, we get to eat really fresh homegrown food. OK, I watch the loons and wild turkeys while the boys do those other strenuous activities! 

I do collect wildflowers and paint while I'm there. 

And of course, I eat!

French Toast with Maine Maple Syrup



My lovely mother-in-law sent her two grandsons each a bottle of fresh Maine Syrup as a Christmas surprise and to brighten up a cold January London day, I made them French toast to go with it. Thanks Nana!


Maine Maple Syrup




So, I cracked some sunny eggs!



Made the French Toast. Why is it called French Toast?





Sprinkle with cinnamon if you like, but I like it with the Maple Syrup-  lots of it and sometimes add pecans and sliced bananas!

                                                                             
                     
Scramble the remaining egg batter.

 A real Maniac Breakfast!



 Pemaquid Point Lighthouse, Maine


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment